I can’t find commands in gitolite to manage repository or project name, so here’s what I got from other sources.
Add or create repository
- Add entry for new project or repository in your gitolite config (conf/gitolite.conf)
- Commit and push your changes. this will create and initialize your new repo.
Rename a repository
- Modify the name of repo in your gitolite config (conf/gitolite.conf)
- Move or rename the actual directory (depending on where you install it, ex: /home/git/repositories) to match your changes in gitolite config.
- Commit and push your changes.
Note: Obviously, this changes the remote url of your repo, so don’t forget to change your git remote url config in your project clones.
Delete a repository:
- Open your gitolite config and remove the project from there. commit and push your changes.
- Then delete its git directory (ex: /home/git/repositories/projectname.git)
- You can also remove users/keys that are no longer used